What does Shannon offer?
- A solid public school district in academics, athletics, and other extracurriculars
- Well-maintained public parks
- Safe and walkable community
- Year-round community events, including a 3rd of July fireworks extravaganza and one of the largest Labor Day parades in northwest Illinois
- Modest housing prices and general cost of living
- Thirty-minute drive from state parks, federal conservation areas, recreational trails, professional theatre, and a well-curated art museum
- Within commuting distance of major employers like Elkay, Honeywell, MetLife, Wahl Clipper, and USP Thomson.
Contact the village
Village hall is open on Mondays and Tuesdays. You can also reach us by leaving a message or sending us an email.