What does Shannon offer?
- A solid public school district in academics, athletics, and other extracurriculars
- Well-maintained public parks
- Safe and walkable community
- Year-round community events, including a 3rd of July fireworks extravaganza and one of the largest Labor Day parades in northwest Illinois
- Modest housing prices and general cost of living
- Thirty-minute drive from state parks, federal conservation areas, recreational trails, professional theatre, and a well-curated art museum
- Within commuting distance of major employers like Elkay, Honeywell, and Wahl Clipper.
Contact the village
Village hall is open on Mondays and Tuesdays. You can also reach us by leaving a message or sending us an email.